Why a Retreat?
A discernment retreat is a prayerful visit with a religious community, perhaps for a weekend or even a week. Such a retreat is a good way to test your vocation. You can get to know the community, its charism, and find whether God may be calling you to its way of life. Many communities hold retreats for groups for just this purpose. Or you may be able to visit them as an individual.
Upcoming Men's Upcoming Women's Regularly Scheduled Women's
You might want to start with one of our Vocation Online Retreats. Each retreat consists of eight emailed meditations, one sent each day. The emails consist of meditations and reflections that help you find your vocation in life.
- Fr. Hardon Meditations
- Common Objections
- Three "Calls" from God
- What is a Catholic Priest
- Confession and Vocations
- Sacrifice and Vocations
- Religious Education and Vocations
- Vocations and the Commitment Crisis
- Vocations and Prayer
- St. Joseph, Patron of Dedicated Souls
- Mary, Mother of Vocations
- The Catholic Family and Vocations
- The Apostolate of Suffering
- The Eucharist and Vocations
- What is a Religious Vocation?