In the Gospel, Our Lord gave only one commandment regarding vocations: Pray.
Knowing the urgent need for laborers, Jesus specifically invites every believer to focus time and attention to heartfelt prayer as the only true solution for more priestly and consecrated vocations within the Church. “The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few. Pray therefore the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers to gather in His harvest” (Mt 9:37; Lk 10:2).
The Harvest of Prayer Holy Hour for Vocations is an apostolic initiative of the Institute on Religious Life to respond to Christ's command. It invites believers to spend time before the Lord of the Harvest, truly present in the Most Blessed Sacrament, and specifically to beg for additional laborers in the vineyard.
Dedicated souls willing to respond to this invitation to pray are provided Holy Hours for Vocations through the links below. These meditations, written by Msgr. Charles M. Mangan, provide an easy-to-follow format for fruitful reflection and personal intercession.
2. pdf “Mary's Humility: The Knock at the Heart of Christ” (119 KB)
3. pdf “Eucharistic Love Motivates and Founds the Vocational Activity of the Whole Church” (124 KB)
4. pdf “Prophetic Witnesses of God’s Love” (116 KB)
5. pdf “ (116 KB) pdf Signs of the Love of Christ” (117 KB)
6. pdf “ (116 KB) pdf Witnesses to the Kingdom” (121 KB)
Through prayer, everyone—bishops, priests, religious and laity—can make a powerful contribution to the IRL's mission: To support and promote the consecrated life, particularly vowed religious life, as a gift to the entire Church and an evangelical witness to the world!<